The Father of ‘Intention’
I must admit I first got introduced to the beauty of Wayne Dyer at his live lecture with Deepak Chopra called Living Beyond Miracles and I fell in love with their connection. The mix of wit, humour and flow between these men was infectious-an easy audiobook while at the gym for sure.
When we think of intention, Wayne Dyer’s voice resonates in our ears. From The Power of Intention, to Manifesting 101 & Excuses Begone! We have read them all and it changed our lives.
Thank you beautiful soul <3.
So, what is intention?
Carlos Castaneda describes it as: “In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link.”
I like to see it as the Universe’s language. If who we are is…an infinite field of possibilities-I am talking about our higher self, our guidance, our real truth, our essence. You can even take a look at quantum physics and see the power of intention relative to consciousness and how it collapses the wave function and is pretty much the cause of everything in an experiment. (Check out this article from CE). So now that we know how powerful we are, then how powerful is the energy that we create?
You don’t attract what you want. You attract what you are.
You get what you intend to create by being in harmony with the power of intention, which is responsible for all of creation. ― Wayne W. Dyer
Let’s get it straight
We tend to believe that if we want something and ask God to give it to us and if we don’t get it then it is either that God doesn’t listen, doesn’t care, doesn’t even exist or possibly you never deserved it. And none of that is true. It is a shift from demanding something to allowing it to happen.
Demanding comes from a space of fear, it is all about control, it is our ego speaking. The universe does not resonate with that. The ego’s main focus is to satisfy itself.
Allowing is unfolding what is within. It is the act of just being. In that is also letting go. And that would require a heightened level of consciousness that embraces trust, compassion and patience.
Intention is where dreams begin
It is the creative force behind our every desire. Everything that ever happens begins with an intention. The Vedic text of the Upanishads says, “You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
Deepak Chopra (who you know I love so dearly) describes it so eloquently as a seed. Intention, as the seed, is what gets planted within our consciousness. If you do not nurture it-give it any food or ammunition (no matter whether it is a beautiful rose or a weed) it will not grow.
So, that clarifies why you may not be living as abundantly as you desire, for the seed that may have been implanted in your consciousness may have a particular belief system against that abundance. For e.g. a common belief system many have around money is that you have to be ‘born into it’. If you carry that thought deep within your subconscious mind, no matter what you do in your physical world, no matter how hard you work, you may not be receiving the financial rewards you desire. The Universe is responding to the subconscious belief that you cannot have because you were not born into it.
This same approach can be applied to anything in your life from relationships to purpose and health. There is an underlying belief system that either nourishes the intention or blocks it.
In Deepak’s Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, the Law of Intention & Desire outlines 5 ways to manifest your wishes and they are:
- Slip into the gap. We enter this gap through quietening the mind: meditation, a walk in nature, prayers or just sitting in silence and breathing deeply.
- Release your intentions and desires. When you are in this space of silence is the best time to plant your seed of desire. And then, most importantly, let it go. One of the ways in which we get in the way of our most beautiful expression of life is through attachments.
- Remain centered in a state of restful awareness. Release your attachments through a state of relaxation and calm. Your higher self is always watching out for you, being in this state of restful awareness taps you into a bigger arena at play-and you let go of your fear and uncertainties. Trusting in the cosmic order of things frees you up to sit and play the game of life.
- Detach from the outcome. Let go of your need to control and know. One of my favourite prayer ending is ‘this or more’-that simple :). In this world of wonder, why limit yourself to your personal zone of knowledge. Go beyond and allow your true self to guide you, tap you into a higher space of wisdom. Trust!
- Let the universe handle the details . We take life too seriously. Our job is to do the best we can, really bring in full awareness and responsibility and then give it up completely to the Universe to handle the rest. You know the analogy of stressing your cells to the point of death. Essentially, stress is good, it allows us to grow but chronic stress can kill us. (Here is a brilliant analogy between stress and a lobster by Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski).
Plant your seed.
Step into beauty. Be responsible.
Embrace all that is. Expand your feelings around you.
Feel what is in between: The spoken words. The glance. The smile.
Trust and Step into a grid so much bigger, wiser and on point. Connect to your higher self.
P.S. Are we hooked up on Facebook? If not, c’mon over, hit the like button and introduce yourself! I’d love to meet you.
P.S.S. If you like the Flower of Life pendent above, you have to check out KaGold‘s work-just click on the image to see more.